31 October 2005

Around and About!

What a weekend it has been? A weekend filled with laughter, pain & suffering, imagination and almost about everything possible. Well, the weekend started off pretty hectic with the local african traffic....what a fuckup?

On Friday I decided to leave the office around mid day CAT + 1:00. It stands for Central African Time + 1hour for those of you who don't know that africa is busy copying the rest of the world and most probably the Yanks.....man, why? So, as I entered the most amazing part of DAR and probably Africa, the taxi ranks, I found out that I had to go and find some spares for my plant at a local dealer and probably the only dealer in East Africa by the looks of things. I walk into the shop, looked at this guy's pressure gauges and saw the are almost everything except the one that I'm looking for. The best of this particular fascinating story is that it is all used spares that was collected at some auction and not a fuck calibrated. The guy told me that he can order some for me from India and that would take most probably 3-4 weeks. I mean, what the fuck, bru. Who in the world would fucking trust Indian engineering and then the first thought came to mind that I do not even trust them with my money/life.....Sorry Nachi, but you know how this sort of thing goes. Anyway, I can not find the guages and I will leave it up to my buddy Dirk to sort this shit out.

Friday night went quite OK. We got our local portion of our salary and people, in my first month I became a half millionaire. Who in the world wants to marry me? I have a lot of Tanzanian Shillings...hehehehe. So, Dirk took the boys out for a drink after work as part of team building and his responsibility as an OK chief in charge. That turned out to be 2,3 & then 4 beers when he decided that he needed to go home or else he will sleep outside.... I decided that I would go and chat up some friends on the net and around 10pm I went out to go and explore the Peninsula's night life...These fucking beers come in 500ml bottles and CASTLE is available. I went to QBar and again some locals found me very interesting. (Not that I can say the same) This one girl came up dancing to me and tune's me, HOWZIT....She started talking and the conversation came totally from her side and all pinpointed on my availibility and after about an hour I decided to tell this chick that I'm going home to my wife and as I said that, she disapeared like mist in the sun.....So, I got my lazy half drunk ass together and went to another joint called Garden Bistro.....Lekker place but at 11:30pm, actually still not pumping the way I would prefer. I started off with a beer and so on and soon realised that now I'm actually drunk and I was busy chatting up some gals...I think they were around the 20/21 age and decided that I should go home before I become jailbait. Got home around 01:00 and went straight to bed.

The next morning, It was diving. My first open water dive started around 10 and my tank held me just 37min.....It was quite freightning for a first dive, but I really enjoyed it. I met up with some South African boytjies that have been around in DAR for quite some time. The second dive went quite well and around 6pm I was done....The true sense of the word, DONE. Got home and found out that Dirk and the family was envited to a BRAAi with some of their friends. I decided to rather explore the night on the net then to be attacked by local blood sucking biatches who really wants a rough ride...hehehehe I got to chat with Anne for a while and then for some strange reason my ex-girl from Cape Town SKYPED me, Megan. Whas that conversation really great and it brought back just so many good and amazing memories. Well, it was great chatting with her and there was absolutely no delays on the net. I got to bed around 12 and I have to say at this point in time I was fucked. OK, it was not the bed, but the sofa in front of the TV that I probably whatched for only five minutes.

I got a wake up call from Dirk's wife around 3am just as they came back. With my head still halfway asleep, I heard some story about their night, but it was not untill the next morning when Rieta thankfully woke me up to tell me that I will be late for my dive and I did miss it by the way. Dylon, Dirk's 5 year old son came into my bedroom(or rather their spare bedroom) and told me that his dad was sick, because he ate a bad prawn. I didn't catch it at first and then everything became clear. Dirk had a real rough nite, lost his mobile after calling me 15times around 01:45 and then he ate a bad prawn. Yeah right, incredible excuse but I think it's just so amazing hearing it from his boy.

So, I went on diving again and missing my first dive, I was so shocked, because there was only 2 dives planned for sunday and I can not dive during the week and I really wanted to be certified before I leave on Thursday. Luckily, some people were also late and after begging and blackmailing the owner, we got another dive at 15:00 and that was such a freightning experiance for my open water dive number 4. So, got home around 19:30 and I was just so fucking wasted and I look like a tomatoe. Spending the past 2 weekends the whole day in the sun is not what I would recomend for people very close to the equator. And then I chatted with Anne, Uma and Timo for quite some time on the net. Timo informed me of his new photoblog, so guys, check it out.

Timo's Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiomo
My Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gvdheever

So, this week will be the week that I will reunite with my life for the past 1.5 years. I'm not that incredibly excited, but I'm very glad that I will get to see Uma and my german buddies once again and to be on the beach, at buddah, phoenix, my site, mine frites avec poulet and 555. I will also go and try to catch a dive back on the island and I will spend a total of 8 days on the island. I think no one is as crazy as Anne just to fly 16 hours to spend 4 days in Mauritius....But that's my buddy...what we all will do for love, right? So, guys, see you in exactly4 days.....

Miss y'all

PS: Patrick, happy birthday boy. Ek het regtig nie vergeet nie, maar telefoon oproepe hier is fokken duur. Boytjie, ons raak nou oud. Ons sal moet begin vrou soek of ons sit alleen vir die volgende 65 jaar. Ek hoop jy het jou dag geniet en ek het aan jou gedink. Cheers boet.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, Blogger Nachi said...

Indian engineering?? why look, its the plumber talking about engineering...fyi, we indian's are amongst the best in the business when it comes down to technical stuff. and IIT's are pretty sweet at producing the best engineers.
as for trusting an Indian, we'll see about that. :D
4 more days...the countdown to Mauritian beer feast begins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home