08 December 2005

Weekend Info!

Eish......It's almost Friday and the week has just gone by so fast. Almost the same as the rest of the year and we are one week closer to 2006. I can't belief.......Anyway,

Tomorrow is a public holiday here in Tanzania and I will attemp to go cross country and drive across Tanzania in just 2 days. Well, it's only 1200km, but do remember it's African roads and drivers as well, soooo........

I will leave tomorrow morning at 6am and will go all the way up to Arusha where I hopefully will see Mount Kilimanjaro and stay over for the night. On Saturday morning I will attemp to drive across the Sarengethi and spend the day driving through wild nature and hopefully get to see a lot of animals. I will stay over hopefully just outside the reserve's gate where it is much cheaper. To be quite honest, DIrk fucking warned me if I spend the companies money rediculously and if so, this will be my last "company trip". OK Baas....! Sunday I will hopefully reach Mwanza on the shores of Lake Victoria and I will leave the car there and return by air and be in Dar on Sunday evening. If everything goes well, I think this will be definately be a trip to remember for a very long time.

Other news.....Ja, we are 2.5 weeks away from Christmas and New Year's Eve is just 6 Days later. With gratefull thanks to Dirk and Degremont, I will go back to South Africa for a week and 2 days. Reunite with the people I haven't spent time with for so long and maybe 2006 will be my year. I already have plans for New Year's Eve and I really think the time in South Africa will be a jol. Party is up at my buddies house, Wayne...(Uma, you have met him before on your return from Tanzania at my house in F&F-remember). He was actually one of my many bosses back in South Africa and now that I'm in Tanzania........Well he still pays my salary, so technically speaking he is still one of my many bosses. We will have sooooo much fun....ah, I can't wait. I really do not want to know how I will feel on my flight back to Dar on the 1st.....Eish......Any advice guys?

So, this is the plan of action for this weekend. I hope all of you guys will enjoy your weekends and have so much fun. Anne, I hope we can SKYPE again on Sunday night...say 8pm german time?

Miss you all and have fun.......

Ciao

2 Comments:

At 11:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bru! enjoy the animals. You are getting to do all this cool stuff (well at least I think its cool.. Zanzibar, safari) while I have to sit here in the snow. I guess I shouldnt complain too much, there are those of you who are in much colder and snowier locales (Michigan/ Canada/Germany) I am excited for you that you get to go home, that will be really sweet. 2006 is going to be a great year for you, I just know it. I can't wait for it too..
-Amu
PS. tell Wayne I say 'hi'.. is that boy getting married or what??

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Enjoy your trip bru... awesome. We have like 8 inches of snow here now! Damn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home