02 January 2006

Final Destination……Home!

Let me start off by saying that I hope you guys enjoyed Christmas as much as I did. Well, Santa did make his turn around my bedside…….Guess I wasn’t a naughty boy at all….Man, Leave me alone, I still believe in him. I have too, because it’s our tradition.

So Friday, 23 December I landed on Johannesburg International Airport. Our luggage took a fucking hour to clear….Guess I have forgotten about African Time….Yeah, it even exist in South Africa. Walking through the doors of International Arrivals was probably one of the most exciting days for me in a very long time. I was greeted there with my mother and sister and we set off for another 2.5 hours drive to our farm in the Free State. OK, it took me 1.75 hours even though the roads were flooded with those fuckers that didn’t have much better things to do then to catch innocent speeding drivers. Was auch Immer!

The first thing that I did once I got back home was to run to the fridge and get myself an AMSTEL…..Hallelujah, Praise the all mighty! An ice cold Amstel in 36degrees centigrade is just what a farm boy needs. Well, I said hello to everyone and we exchanged local news very briefly and then my mom prepared FOOD…..Man, It doesn’t matter how old a man can get, his mother’s food is always the best. Afterwards I had to catch a shower, ‘cause I really smelt like a pig on the way to get slaughtered. Dressed up and set off to catch up with some old mates. I walked into this bar and I realized how much I really missed civilization. Woman, cheap Alcohol and Music! We started off partying really slowly until an old flame walked in and I was suddenly the next best thing since sliced bread. Did we make out? From Red Heart Rum to double STROH Rum clean in gobbler glasses. It felt like I was swallowing Clean JET A1 Jet fuel and it gave me a bit of vuma if you know what I mean. I guess I was the most loveable and friendliest person around since Mother Tereasa.

It was just so great to party among my friends and old stories just came out and we all had great laughs. Well, I was invited to stay over at a friends place, because the legal limit for driving while under the influence was passed even before I got home from the airport, Sooooo……..Great, what can I say? A house with two gals, Amstel and Rum…… What more could men ask for? Unfortunately, nothing was in a good working order so I had to leave all missions ‘till I rehabilitated from the alcohol abuse.

Well, Saturday morning I had to rush to do the final Christmas Shopping and my parents score big time this year. Got back home and passed out. Woke up on Christmas day with a mother of a headache and babalas. So, the best cure was that Deutsche Mas (Anne correct me if I’m wrong – the big beer glass from Germany) Well, 3 of them down the line, I was as strong as ever. Well, the food was great and then we decided to spend a sunny day in the farm dam with more beer. I guess around 4pm and 7 of those big fucking glasses I decided I had enough and it was good night again for me.

During the week I just hang out a bit, did a bit of winter clothing shopping for my Deutschland trip and hanged out with a couple of friends. Just chillin’ out for my next big disaster, this coming Friday and Saturday. People, this is the day we live for in South Africa. Babes in bikini’s and Alcohol galore! So, I’m off to Johannesburg on Friday and on my way back to Tanzania on Sunday. This was just the break I needed for such a long time.

I hope you guys are still enjoying your holidays and will meet up with some of you next week on the NET. Have a fabulous New Year’s Party and I hope you all will be as slaughter as I will be. ENJOY and may the South African force be with all of you.

Ciao

PS: Check out some of the holiday pics……the New Year’s Party pics will follow shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home