15 December 2005

Christmas Wish List!

Well, it's that time of the year again. For me, na, there is not really anything I wish for. Just really lucky to be around and do what I do. See the world and meet new people with different stories to tell, but here is something I have actually forgotten to tell you guys when I was with you on the island. I can not believe how this has slipped my mind. So, this is how it goes.

In Johannesburg (for those who don't know where this is, it is the capital for business in Africa and situated in the Gauteng Province in South Africa and funny enough, it is also the city where I stay.) there is this Radio station that really rocks, but much more famous because of their incredible presenters. They do have good music, but much more better with their talk shows. Ah, the station is known as Highveld Stereo (94.7FM in Johannesburg). To cut a very long story short, they do this talkshow (this time of year) starting at 7am in the morning all the way to 9am (I think-haven't been back there during XMAS in a while) and it's called the CHRISTMAS WISH LIST.

How it works is that someone will contact the station telling them about some weird and sad story like a child that needs desperately surgery or would die and they do not have enough finances to pay for the operation. Catch my drift? It's like mostly real unprivilege children, dying children or just anyone who does not have enough money or food to have a good Christmas and then the Radio Station will organise for some sponsorship or funding to help out depending on the circumstances. Now my loyal readers, this is real tear pulling shit especially if you stuck in traffic on the Ben Schoeman Highway between Pretoria and Johannesburg. It's really so sad, when you are driving like 10km/hour in traffic and you suddenly notice like everyone is crying in their cars. You just see tissues and make-up all over the show, but it is sometimes really just so fucking sad and you feel just sooo great if something good comes from it very sad situation. Even though you didn't do anything and you hear a very good ending to a very sad sad story. Eish......Goosebumps........

That is what make South Africans so special. They are very hard headed, but they really care about others when push comes to shuff.........I feel very lucky to be a Suth African, really, I do! The sad part is that I just found out the last show was held yesterday, but they have posted some of the good wishes for this year. So, if you guys want to look into it, here is the link below:

http://www.highveld.co.za/thelounge/events/xmaswish20051114/wishes8.asp

All and all, I just miss to be around my own people for once and miss to be in a vibe where it feels really special. You guys know what I mean....That place where people just appreciate who you are and what you are trying to accomplish. That place where you find support in times of need and sympathy in times of sadness. That place where people do not care who & what you are, but simply for being there. The place where all your love one's are....The place I call HOME. Ahhh, I guess it's just that time of year.......I hope for those of you who are going on holiday now, I do wish you a merry Christams and an incredible 2006....This might just be the year you all have been waiting for so long. For the others, my official best wishes will have to wait for a week or so.

I just would like to make a special announcement......My beloved mother turns tomorrow the 16th December 2005 the BIG 50. Ma, die lewe is nie altyd maanskyn en rose nie, maar wees tog gelukkig dat daar so baie mense om ma is wat werklik bly is dat ma daar vir hulle is. Ek is defnitief een van hulle en ek glo dat daar nog baie goeie jare vorentoe is. Ek mag dalk nie daar wees in vlees nie, maar in gees, defnitief. Ek wens ma hartlik geluk met die groot 50 en soos hulle se, die lewe begin nou eers. Veels geluk ouvrou en mag die Here jou nog baie jare lank seen soos wat hy reeds gedoen het. Weet net dat ek altyd daar by julle sal wees en ek is moerse dankbaar vir als.....my skamele 26 jare teen ma se 50......Ek mis julle almal baie en ek is lief vir julle almal. Groete my ou girl!

Guys, have an incredible evening.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home