02 January 2006

Returning Home.....Tanzania

Yo, what a time it has been back home with the family. So many memories taking me back years before.

It was real fun spending Christmas with my parents. It has been has actually been the first in almost 4 years actually. 2001 I was in Durban with my EX girl, 2002, I was in Cape Town, 2003 I was in Mozambique, 2004 I was in Mauritius and 2005 on the farm.....God, the time has flown by so fast. It seems like only yesterday that I left school and it's been now 8 years....Eish...

Anyway, Friday we setted off to Jo'burg for my final stop before I returned to Tanzania. Wayne greeted me very damagedly, because of the night before. Uma, remember how we looked when you came from Tanzania to Mauritius? He looked so much worse and you should have seen us the following 2 days.......Eina!

So, Friday I met Wayne's new Brittish Girlfriend Lisa. Great girl and did we have fun....I mean the 3 of us! Friday was basically lay back cruising along with a couple of beers. Warming up for the following day. Saturday we had to get the house in order for the guests.....Maids also have holidays in South Africa, soo we had to do the shit ourselves. Anyway, just another big reason to start drinking early while working. Man, we didn't get any sleep since Friday morning. Saturday at 4pm the guests started arriving and we were already halfway past the "I'm still standing phase", but we went on.

At midnight I was super pissed and I caught myself with this one super big South African Cone roled green peace plants and that flipped me into the West Side. Genuinely super strong shit..."Rooibaard" Anyway, peaced up with everyone and enjoyed my last couple of hours in South Africa for the next 14 months.....Real hard, but I knew that this is what I want to do.

Time was absolutely magnificient and now it's back to reality....my normal life with me fighting with my mind with all my unsolved mysteries. The good thing I have made peace with a couple of them and the last one will come in Feb/March......A dream that was realise within a couple of a weeks and that makes me the happiest man allive.....This is probably a dream I have lived for since I was a child....Now I can afford it, I have the recourses and I have the freinds. Isn't it great. OK, Anne, you need to organise those letters this week, so I can purchase the ticket and apply for the trip early next week. This is for definate now.

Yippeee 2006, here I come. I will come with a vengance and brutal force and there will be nothing that is going to stop me. Not this time. So, to sum up the past week:

Lot of drinking and smoking involved
Lot of friends and family
Lot of good food
Lot of thinking
Very little internet
Lot of shopping and driving involved
Great weather during the day.
Lot of Goodbyes involved

But to end it, it was really worth to spend the time with people you love and who loves you. I saw that I did change a lot since I left South Africa in 2004. I know I did change for good.....

Ciao

PS: The pics are published. Check it out!

1 Comments:

At 3:41 am, Blogger Jess said...

Glad you had fun at home bru... and glad you are back to bloggin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home