22 January 2006

Almost Having Good Time!


This has to be a baby dwarf Mongoose! One of the bitchiest little creatures I have seen in my life. When it saw me for the first time, this little shit wanted to eat my finger off and it was tuning me some shit! But after a while, this baby LOVED me....OK, everyone does after I had a good couple of beers!

Well Friday started off by getting my ass all over to DAR......This was the day when I started to put my dreams into motion to change into reality. This was they day I got all my documents that Anne & me collected to apply for my Shengen Visa for my trip to Germany. I was really just so excited, but also afraid that I might have forgotten some documents.....The night before I went thorugh the list for required documents to apply for the VISA...OK, I went through it at least 5 times to make 110% sure that I had all the necessary documents. I live in Mlandize, 70km away from DAR and if I forgot something it will take me at least another week and time was starting to run out.

As it turns out, yeah....I forgot one or no, I actually didn't know they needed this document. I have included the confirmation for the flight tickets as well for the Travel Insurance. But they needed the POLICY for Travel Insurance. Standing infront of this fucking beautiful, probably the most beautiful building in Tanzania, I knew this was it. Parking down at the counter applying for the VISA, the woman told me that I needed this document, but also notify me I can email it to her. Thanking the man upstairs, I walked out and saw the give German learning courses at the embassy and I knew that is something I really want to do. I need to get pass Dirk on this one, because it is on Tuesdays or Thursdays nights from 19:15 to 21:15pm. By I will inquire about this when I go and collect the ticket and will probably only start once I return ffrom Deutschland.

So, getting my ass all the way back to head office I remembered that it was Friday and on Fridays I eat a fucking shit load of meat, because Indians decided that they like to be vegetarians and therefore I do not eat meat for a week. OK, I decided this time we will go out and do shopping and on Saturday we did.

To get back to my story.....So, around midday on Friday we set off like usually just to go grab a quick lunch at SPUR. Guys, this is really a good SPUR, not like the one in Mauritius and it is probably the best one I have been to in my life. Better than the one's in South Africa! OK, after grabbing a Double Cheese Burger with Extra Pepper Sauce and rice on the side (OH my god....this is so fucking good food. Thanking the man above again for creating CATTLE!) and as usual Dirk with STELLA ATOIS and me with an CASTLE LAGER.....OH lovely! OK, this time Denis came with and he also had CASTLE LAGER......

During this incredible lunch we watched how Australia fucked us up again in the Cricket. Nachi, fucking just close your trap! I do not want to hear anything from you! So, we ordered just a last beer for the road to watch the end of this game, when friends of Dirk's walked in and we decided OK, just one more small beer. Man, this carried on untill about 19:30.......God, 7 and a half hours just drinking beer on probably the most beautiful sunny day ever. People, this was genuinely just the most amazing incredible day I have seen in such a long time....You all should have seen this, the most beautiful sky and then the colour of the sea....Ahhhhh, just so amazing!

Anyway, got back home around 19:30 with me on a fucking lekker station and I had to kill time, because here in Tanzania I also I also have the role as AIRPORT driver.....some things never change! So, around 21:00 I was at the airport to pick up a colleague of ours who came back from his annual from Sri Lanka. OK, he actually waited 20 minutes for me. When I got to the airport I remembered that there was this amzaing restaurant called Flamingo's making the best SAMOOSA's in the world. They are really good...Maybe I was just a little bit to drunk you all know once you get passed that drinking phase, the munchie phase starts off....hey, was that food lekka and after checking the arrivals and I haven't seen him, I went back and got myself a reall grilled half a chicken. They say food taste the best when you are drunk...always wondered why the frencies like their wine with their food, it's because their food can only suck! Hehehe, always wanted to say that.

Anyway, with Bandara in the car we went all the way back home.....from the airport it is 85km and lucky for me that the food kind of sobered me up. Eventually after this incredible long drive 23:00pm at night there was only one thing and that was MY couch right infront of the TV. Not that I watched any TV, but slept like a rock!

Saturday, like I have said earlier we went shopping. Sunday, just enjoying this great game I bought aweek ago....WWII game where I'm an allied fighter and shooting the crap out of the german, their german sheppard dogs, bombing their tanks and meeting up with a couple of their woman spies...yeah, you heard me right. the german woman spies. Guys, you know I love you all and I have nothing against german (I actually love them) but this game is just so amazing and difficult. The game is called Medal of Honor Allied Assualt. It took me all the way from training to OHMA beach on D-Day to Normandie walking through the houses and look for the usual suspects...The Germans..hehehehe, anyway, great game.

So, this was all of my happening since Friday. Guys, I know you all are studying really hard for you exams and I just wanted to say.......ENJOY IT....Some of us never get leave and we work our asses off for so long.....No, just kidding....Study hard and after that we will play hard, believe me! For the others, guys I hope you all enjoyed your weekends.

I miss you all soooo much and I love y'all.

Ciao,

PS: Jess, thanks for everything! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:35 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Babe, you are SO welcome... You know I love you! Yay for going to Germany, I hope you have a great time. You are right about the Spur in Mauritius though, pretty damn sif. ;) Miss you a ton!

 
At 5:02 pm, Blogger Nachi said...

oye, i've played that game and it rocks...try getting the Pacific Assault patch as well. if you miss getting blown up at Pearl Harbour maybe you can go hunting at the Solomon Islands...

as for the Aussies killing the Springboks in cricket. i hold my tongue.


pretty cute mongoose. are you feeding it snakes? cause that's what they love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home