13 January 2006

An Unscheduled Visit!

The first question Dirk ask me when he saw me was that he wanted to know "WHAT WENT WONG"....

Man, you all know me with shorts & T-shirts, but this day was a day that I had to get my commercial ties up hand and start building my contact card.

Just kidding, but Dirk wasn't funny when he notified me on Monday night (11:45pm) that the newly elected Minister of Water will come and visit all of our sites to investigate the extend of the project or that is what we thought.

Basically, it was just another fucking publicity stunt. This guy would have been lucky to have seen me in a suit & tie in 34degrees Celcius.

Well, I always knew it but somehow did not recognize the plans of fucking politicians. OK, maybe the intent was good and that normall only happens after elections, but he made a public vouch to come and re-visit the sites to follow the progress of the project. I guess the next time I will see this guy will only be during his last year in the position before the new elections. Fuck no, that means that I will be here another 5 years. No fucking way bru, NOT HERE this long.....

Na, it's not that bad here. I have seen this now time & time again. Politicians making BIG promises to uplift the living standards of the lower class and time & time again it's all about buying face. What the fuck is all this shit about.

Then I think about: the only people that are really doing something is the people physically doing the work, wether it is for a salary or voluntarily. Nobody really gives a fuck, no one. Just some guilty feeling European Institution that will benefit from it somehow and it's all a vicious circle in the capitalist world that we are living in. Anyway, I do feel proud in what I'm personally doing and what we in a whole will accomplish from this project. 2.3 Million people will benefit from this project and maybe just for once people can open a tap and really clean water will run from it.....ach, naja!

So, coming back to my original story. This minister dude made me get up at 6am to get everything fucking organised for his unscheduled visit and then he has the decency to came an hour & half late as well. Listen bru, before you make any fucking statement in the local news paper, please get your fucking facts straight and rather keep quiet if you don't know what you are doing. I know your position is only political orientated even though you actually deep down mean to do something, but stop talking crap if you don't really know what you are talking about and secondly to not attack those who are really biting the dust and slaving around in a country where there is actually no real fucking civilisation to give your people the the opportunity to experiance what life is all about and that is to have the chance to drink clean water.

Anyway, just felt that I needed to get that off my chest. Eish bru..........So, 20 cars with his full news, journalists and personal friend entourage ended up at our site and just not one word of appreciation.......Let me rather stop here before I start a revolution.

So, a week filled with drama, 2 public holidays, hot weather, no INTERNET and personal sadness are over or maybe almost.....Tomorrow (Saturday) I'm forced to work.....Eish bru, Nicht gute!

So my friends, I hope you all will have fun this weekend.

Ciao

1 Comments:

At 4:22 am, Blogger Jess said...

Ah yes... stupid politics ;) That is why I love it all so much. You are happy that that tree made you and Herman meet me! I am starting to get into law schools... I just got some real good news recently. Guess I better blog about it! I miss you!

(as a sidenote the letter confirmation thing on this comment is psdeep... I bet that I can think of something perverted for that one!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home