16 January 2006

GRIFFIN, my BUSHBABY!


World, meet my new African friend. She was caught by locals for dinner and my colleague Denis came to her rescue. 7000 Shillings further, a kitchen full of shit and a medium happy sized camper gladly to still be allive.

This is a BUSHBABY and I will release her this evening again in the bush far away from any inhabitants. Hope this time she will stay high up in the trees and do what nature tought them to do........Stay out of reach from any people and make a decent living by munching some insects, fruits and honey. She was givin' the name of GRIFFIN and hopefully this will be a happy ending.

Ciao

4 Comments:

At 6:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute. Is it a LEMUR?
regards Edina

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger Nachi said...

Lemur?? that's Gordon's African love child...damn you bru, who was the hot mama in this case? :D

hats off to Denis for saving Griffin!!

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger Gordon van den Heever said...

I do not personally like to coment on my own blog, but this will be an exception.

Edina, I'm pretty fucking impress. Yeah, It's a Lemur and the scientific name for this group of species are "Lemur Catta Group". Grffin is the family of the Mouse Lemur family and they are primates. Direct translation from Afrikaans to English, we call it a "Night Monkey", because they sleep during the day and at night they go out and have some fun and find some food.

Nachi, how did you guess? You know when you hear the name "Gordon" it means a man on a love mission. I prefer the human specie rather, but I have to admit that this little monkey was rather cute. And she never bit me.

To update on my blog, Griffin was released last night and this morning I checked up on her and she was doing was she loves best....Sleeping! She is back in her natural habitat and I guess tonight she will really have fun....

For once, she made me smile!

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Jess said...

I am in love with Griffin. Karibu to the blogging world, little lemur! btw, I don't have to hear the name Gordon to know that you are a man on a mission... you could be named Charlie and would still be the same way. "A rose by any other name would smell so sweet?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home