09 February 2006

Halt!

Trying to put my mind at ease and somehow I can only manage to do that for 5 minutes. Well 7 days to go........but this is not really why I am thinking so much. It has been probably the hardest 4 weeks of my life and like I have said in an earlier posting that focussing on just that what is so imprtant to me at this point in time. WORK!

I have slaved such long hours for so long and last night it came to a stop. I just couldn't go on anymore. I can not think back when was the last time I was at my house whatching TV at 6pm. This is where I draw the line and take a time-out. I just can't go on the pace I have been doing for so long. This will be a much needed break coming up and it will be my first holiday ever where I went on holiday for more than 3 weeks consecutively. Can you believe that? You better, because it is fucking true.

And there is so much work ahead and somehow I know I will get in a couple of hours work while I'm in Germany. Specially on the days where Anne has to work.......Anyway, let me get off this subject for now. I haven't spend much time to write to anyone during this time. It was really that hard and busy.

So, Got some winter clothing packed (OK, not really packed...I only pack about 2 hours before I left for the airport). The thing is I get too excited (and not the way you guys think) when I start packing and if I do it a day or 2 in advance, they time will go snailing. I can not deal with that so I rather work on 99% and rush everything down to the last minute.

I got a very sad email last week from a dear friend of mine in Germany and somehow see was on my mind for the whole time. Bru, I am so sorry for your loss and my the force be with you the whole time. Because if I like you, that will mean a whole lot of people likes you too and that is only good news, because it means you are not alone.....You will never be alone even though it might only be in spirit. You have made me think so much about reality and stop living in a dream world. It is good to dream, but life will slip right by. (And I'm talking of me, not you). Sometimes we forget really how lucky we are to have the people we love close to us and if they're not, then you have to make a plan to get them there. Well, unfortunately I am in position where I can not make that decision. I build my decisions on the things that are fundemental to me and not fiction.

I will see you and not so long and I will make a plan to come and show face before you leave for the US of A. I just hope that you will find yourself soon and that everything will settle down to normailty, which will be new for you as well.

Sometimes I really try to put the value of true friendships. We never realise this untill bad luck strikes and then we are always so happy to have our friends around. But I have tought myself for so long to deal with everything on my own and back in Mauritius I was spoiled to have so many good people around who are to this day my closest friends. But now everything is back to normality for me and I do what I do best, deal with it on the South African way.....Drink it away!

So, Sandrine, just know that I do think of you. Best of luck with everything back home and USA. See ya soon bru. Ja, so I will be off on holiday soon and somehow and get this weird butterfly feeling in my my stomache....it is really so unbelievable to know that I will see most of the people I care about so soon. For some it has been 12 months and for others only 3 months, but I will be in 7th Heaven soon.

I guess I will work this week out and I will be very close to death. To get some energy back into the bones I will go with Dirk this weekend 850km away to go and supervise a project that a colleague of us are trying to explore his his road to the dollar success. Maybe only Zimbabwe dollar success, but it is a good opportunity for him and I am happy for him that he is a well goal driven human being trying to look after or looking after his family. Lets just put this mildly and very diplomatic, because someone reads this blog as well which could get Dirk and me in Big trouble.........We will attempt to come home alive after a mission of what we do best................and somehow this will be a real warm up lap for Germany as well.

So, we will behave ourselves to the extent that we will be thinking that we are still behaving and after that we will return with sudden loss of memory. I will have the pics to prove how bad it went. So for now, it will be out untill my next blog from Germany.

Cheers guys and have fun. Miss y'all

2 Comments:

At 6:54 am, Blogger Jess said...

I want to come to Germany with you!!!! I miss you and all of our German friends. Hand out some hugs from me to everyone, and I can't wait to read your blogs from Europe!

 
At 10:17 am, Blogger Nachi said...

as far as i can see this last trip with Dirk is also gonna end up with Gordy and another of his African love child...too much alcohol does dull one's senses every once in a while. ;D

and you are really really bad packer. i remember how you packed all the stuff on the day you were leaving bru...you definitely suck!

so slave on ja and just remember that you are one lucky sonofabitch for going to Germany to see all the crazy germans that we know...that's so so so cool.

drink away to glory my bru.

cheers :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home