15 November 2005

Letting It All Go!

Hey guys, sorry for the late posting. But, only returned to Tanzania about 4 hours ago and now I will do a total recap of my visit to island of broken dreams.

Well, I left Tanzania on the Thursday 3rd November and spent the night back in South Africa with some good old friends. Nothing fancy about my stop over in South Africa except for shopping at Johannesburg International Duty free. I have develloped a real sense of flying, because everytime I get onto an aeroplane, I fell asleep before the plane even took off. Catching myself waking up with my snoaring and there was one moment on my return flight from Mauritius to South Africa where I sat once again next to Old Germans and was woken up by a comment in German because of my snoaring. The lady next to me said out loudly "Sheiße" and then I knew I had to wake up, because everyone on the plain's dreams and excitement was spoiled by my snoaring......So, enough about this shit. Do you think I give a shit about it any way?

So, I landed in Mauritius on the 4th November and I was the first one out of the plaine & customs just to feel how it was really to be back home. I flew with Air Mauritius from South Africa to Mauritius and of coarse they do supply PHOENIX on board. I took full advantage of this opportunity and the SPANISH/AMERICAN hot babe next to me probably thought that I was an alcoholic. OK, I did misbehave by sucking these beer cans thinking it was some hot chicks tits (mother's milk), but hey, it was 7 weeks since I had a PHOENIX...... So, Kevin & Wolfgang picked me up from the airport with Fröschle and I had to force old poor Wolle to give me the keys (eventhough I had to use some hard unacceptible verbal language). Poor old Fröschle was driven like a rally car back home and my first stop had to be Buddah of coarse. After a beer and the excitement moving down to my stomache muscles, we went to Shez Pepe for pizza. I met up with the rest of the german gang, Jorn and Kerstin, and did we have fun updating each other with my life in Tanzania and the happenings in Mauritius. Let just say the night went on 'till late the next morning.

Saturday, well, I had to get wheels. Knowing that the island is boaring without any wheels and afterwards Kevin and I went to pick up Wolle and headed for Tamarin. I had to stop at the French Butchery for some local biltong and then we hitted the road again for "Rosseau Creole" in Tamarin for some Billabong shopping and beer at lunch time. I went to show Wolle & Kevin the beach at Tamarin where the old Museum was and it was beautiful. We hitted back home for some more beer and a bit of a chill out. I spent some time with Uma and I had to say she really looked excited going home although that she was still ill. Saturday evening we went out for some steak and beer at the restaurant next to the French Butchery and still I ate barely nothing. Since the Friday night I gave all my food away and can you believe that I even gave Kevin my beer. I guess my nerves were packing up! The night, we went to Buddah with the German boys.

Sunday, well, I woke up quite late due to the festings of the night before and this was the day we celebrated Uma's departure. Well, I have to admit that I was happy that she was leaving, but also sad. I was happy because I knew it was something that she wanted to do, but I was sad because I couldn't see her anymore and I still don't know when I will again. Everything that happened on this night was posted in my earlier posting, So, if you didn't read it, you SHOULD! Let just say we went through the night with basically without sleeping and Monday morning was really hard at work. We had a surpise visit from my old friend Joel and Nachi misbehaved as usual. Bastard!

Well, the sad part was that I ended up working everyday of the week, but I dedicated my evenings independantly to each of my friends. Whether it was at Buddah, Kenzi or just staying home. Kerstin took up the hospitalty issue by cooking an amazing meal one night although she offered to do it more than once. Amazing girl.......and amazing people all together. By Wednesday I started to prepare myself for one of my saddest moments in my life and that was to say goodbye to the island and it was not 'till Saturday evening it really caught me.

Tuesday morning was one of the more sad moments when I had to drive Uma to the airport. It was almost as bad as driving Edina to the Airport twice! Anyway, Friday afternoon I dedicated my day to the start of the German Carnival in Dusseldorf and was this a day to remember. Let me just put it to you like this. Friday afternoon 2pm, one of the warmer sunshining days during my stay on the island. Friday the 11th of the 11th month at 11:11 on the watch the party started. Kevin & Wolle actually started earlier and I joined in after shopping for the BRAAI and I fell in at 2pm. Lars, Jorn & Kerstin joined at 5pm I think ('cause time wasn't an issue at this point anymore). We spent the whole day in the heavy chlorinated pool (I think the mauritians over chlorinated the pool to disinfect all the pissing in the pool because of all the beer, kidding) with lots of PHOENIX, DIEBELS (German altbeer) and german carnival music with one phrase that I will not forget for the rest of my life and it was a song about a horse on the fucking floor....what horse shit was this? Anyway, It was a day to remember. Lars brought charcoal and blue spirits to start the fire and I was actually not very happy about the spiritis, but I took it upon myself to start the fire.

At one moment the fumes of the bottle that stood next to the fire caught fire and it went like a rocket. The flaming side of the bottle towards the German who was seated at the table and the spirits bottle the opposite direction. Kevin caught fire and his new T-Shirts that he just bought this day was burning on his back and I just pulled it off and we all whatched as the shirts was burning out. I think he wasn't injured at all, but this was really a shocking experiance. Jorn and Kerstin went to SPAR and broke Fröschle key off inside the door. Later, the fucking Italian (Alex), Richard (with sweet lisa), Anja (the german chick who loves to drink tea in the afternoon), Jake the American and a belgium crazy almost rasta dude joined us after the BRAAI and we headed afterwards to Buddah. Yet, another late next morning party! Wolle took his German carnival music with to Buddah and fuck (I've listened to this CD at least 20 times during the day) at he got it played at the Buddah's night club another 2 times at least 'till Anja had enough of it and told the DJ to change the music.......Sorry Anja, I'm not fond of German chicks from the East Side anymore....Experianced enough of grieve before.....

Wolle wasn't too happy about Anja's actions and left home early eventhough I honestly think he had enough to drink. So, at around 3am Jorn decided to go and show the Belgium guy the inside of Summer Beach club and they charged us 150rupees to enter. No fucking way was I willing to pay that amount of money to see that fucking shit club. So, we all decided to go sit on the beach and whatched the full moon over Flic en Flaq beach. It was amazing and we all were drunk....with the Belgium dude speaking shit about smoking weed in Amsterdam and that Amsterdam should be the Capital of the world because of the naked chicks and primerely because of the coffee shops with the weed menues. Uhm....LECKER.....

Saturday I spent the morning in Port Louis doing some shopping for Dirk and the family and the afternoon Jorn, Wolle and I went to shoprite, because Wolle wanted to buy some fishing accessories. I waited outside and one moment I decided to go in into GAME to go and look for a CD of Robbie Williams with the song "MISUNDERSTOOD". As I walked into the shop, I heared this French song that I was looking for so long and to cut a long story short, I copied the demo CD in GAME, by buying a clean CD and using a the laptop for SALE on the shelf and I copied the CD for only 200rupees. Amazingly Africa, uhm?

Afterwards we went out for my last dinner at Shez Pepe where I got at this stage very sad leaving. I made a promise to Kerstin that I will come to Germany when she returns from the UK and she will come to Tanzania during Germany's SPRING season and I will show her all the wild animals and I mean, all the wild animals here. Elephants is what she probably will want to come and see. So, It looks like I need to prospone my trip Germany in February to around May 2006 (my birthday month). Afterwards we went to Kenzi where we met up with Joel and afterwards with Anja and I think I need to apologise to Anja for all my cheecky remarks....Bru, nothing personal, but I needed to pick on someone otherwise my sadness would have gotten the best of me. No hard feelings chick from the East Side.....? Who Cares? So, the surprisingly amazing news is that my boy, Joel, is a professional now writing as a journalist for the "Le Martinal". Boy, keep up the good work.

So, Joel and I tried to stay awake for most of the night, but I guess we fell asleep around 5am Sunday morning and Jorn & Kevin took the honours to drive me to the airport and I have to sadly now that this island is forever gone for me.....It just needs to be. My buddies on the island, Guys, you are all amazing people and thanx for everything and I will definately see you guys next year in Germany. May the force be with all of you. Sunday I returned to South Africa where I met up with some friends and just in time for a lekker party and a fucking cold swimming pool. Monday I was back in the office in South Africa and I returned today to Tanzania where I will be stuck for a while and just maybe not........

That was it......Check out my photoblog for some pictures!

2 Comments:

At 4:37 pm, Blogger Gordon van den Heever said...

Ja Anne,

There's a horse on the floor! You know this carnival song?

Bru,

 
At 11:27 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Guess I should have been there. The island is now populated by a whole group of people that I don't know. It is to the point that I just know Nachi and Joel over there anymore. Wish I could have been there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home