24 November 2005

Up Tight & Personal!

Well, you all know me.......A T-shirt and Camel Shorts are all that I need, but for this one it was a quite different dress code. Representing (not by choice, but brutal force) my company as Deputy Contract's manager (since Dirk is in fucking Paris and whatching South Africa vs. France in rugby on Stade Francaise in Paris on Saturday, 26 November 2005) in a quite upper class function with the French Ambassador (whom is a lady if I may add).

This function was basically a typical French party (Wine, Cheese and a lot of fucking french speaking people) where I knew no one, except for some guys that I work with and a couple of familiar public faces. As usual, I was early and waited outside the gate with a couple of "SLY/Rambo" looking french marines. This is one thing that really pisses me off. Small little fuckers that looks like mean dudes that carries some sort of weapon, martial arts or TV's under their armpits. Anyway, this big South African Boer is loaded with some martial arts myself.....It's called don't piss me off or I will fucking head butt you....At least I was on my best behaviour, just walking with very broad shoulders like the rest of the tiny french crack bitches......Anyway.

Once we entered the embassy it was loaded with WHITE people. I have never seen so many foreigners in one place at the same time and the biatches, well, fucking good looking as well. Every one started to chat with me in french and I'm made them speak English if they really wanted to speak to me. At least there was a couple who gave it a go. The first thing I did was to get a table and after we seated, I decided that it was time for a "cold one" to calm the nerves. Actually it turned out to be 4 of the those 500ml bottles. I decided that we needed to dish up, because if we wanted to eat we should hurry up before everyone comes in and then there was no food at all or a fucking long que. Man, I told Denis (who is by the way a colleague of mine) that he shouldn't be shy with taking food. It was for free.......He started to dish up and I started to crack myself as I was laughing. It look like this guy was mountainering with the amount of food that he dished up. So, just to be fair to him as well, he dished up for him and his Kenyan girl.

But, like I've said earlier that there was only wine & cheese which was in the majority, but at least they thought of the carnivores as well. A shit load of different cold meat, duck liver paté and my favourite, thin sliced cold viel. The only problem is that all the different food put together was quite salty. No wonder why these bastards always look so sour........We enjoyed the food and then it was time for Live Stage performances. They flew in a guy who is from South of France who they call Monsieur Bean Francais.......Mr (French)Bean....This guy looked like the real thing and he was probably even more fucking nuts than the real one. But I have to admit I had a good couple of laughs.......At 10pm I decided that it was time to hit the road (65km of the african road) back home to my bush.

So, it was really a nice party and a good gettaway for a "Mittwoch" and I do feel the fatigue in my bones this morning. Great fun, weird people, shit cheeses and loads of naked woman (in my head at least).

Check out my photoblog, some of my latest pics available.........Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home